Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The high of high school

I guess I postponed blogging this last time because I've had a really hard time deciding what I'm going to say about high school. Ya know, do you talk about the drama, the athletics, the academics, the clicks? Do you say I can't wait to get out of here or I can't wait to start my next journey. Because in reality their the same just different interpretations. The snow days, vacations, delays, games, exams, heartbreaks, friendships, memories, was it all worth it? Was the past four years of madness defining yourself worth it? Did you make it count enough? Did you embed those memories in your mind so you won't forget them?

When I read through a lot of the girls posts most of them said high school equals drama. Thats only true if you let it define who you are. So many people are wrapped up in having the last word, being right, being the center of attention. But is it worth it? In 20 years is the manager of a major corporation during your interview of a lifetime going to ask you how popular you were in high school? I sure hope not.

I've seen a lot of people change in the past four years. Change friends, change personalities, change their style of clothing. I'm a prime example. I don't have the same "group of friends" that I did when I was a freshman. And my best friends now, we lost a few a long the way. But Marie, Nalia, Kathleen and Victoria have become a huge part of my life that I could never describe on a blog. But in the midst of seeing everyone else change around me, I found myself. I found the type of person that I am and who I want to be. And that's the point of high school.

It's not the drama. There's no drama unless you make it. And if you're one of those people that posted about how much you hate high school because of the drama and you cant' wait to leave, then you should really look back and see how many times you caused the drama, or how many times you could have stayed out of it but instead decided to become involved and then blame it on the drama itself. Everything is what you make of it. And while I believe that during the past four years I found myself, I believe some others lost themselves. And I worry for those people, and hope that their next journey leads them in the right direction.

The past four years of my life have been unbelievable. The laughing and the crying, the arguments and the memories, it's such a high I don't know why anyone does drugs. You have to live in the moment, and pray to god that you'll remember it forever. Because these are the days of our lives, and your throwing away a lifetime if you can't wait for it to be over.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

okay so i was almost in tears reading this untill i read 'i dont know why anyone does drugs, highschools a high' or whatever

HILARIOUS!
hahaha

nice blog bichaaa