Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I'm not dying!

Well lately the biggest argument in my house has been about my room. I actually have a really nice room. I live in whats called the "attic" at my house. It's finished and it's not really that big, it's pretty decent in size but it's not like it's a whole entire floor. I have two walk-in closets and a queen size bed that I just got a couple months ago that I love! I have a futon, and a TV, and just a bunch of basically all cheering stuff on all my shelves. I actually moved up there in 9th grade, however I came back downstairs two weeks later because I thought it was way to scary and I hated being up there by myself. But then in 10th grade I moved back up there. Might I add as well that I have put a lot of time into that room! Throughout the past year I completely redecorated it. The walls use to be wood and were a woodish color, but over the summer I painted them brown. My dad actually did it but that's not the point. Then I did like a pink tan & brown color scheme. That's the color of my bedding, and I have a lamp that matches it, and the walls go really good with the color. I had to save a lot of money to do all of it, and my TV and all the furniture I bought as well. Now to the argument. My sister seems to think that I am being a "completely selfish self-centered little brat" if I may use her words, for keeping the room while I go away to college. She thinks that it's a waste to keep all my stuff in there. I'm actually really pissed about it. I'm not dying I'm just going to college! Ill be back for all the breaks, and since i'm just in Syracuse I could come home occasionally on some weekends and I'll need my room!. My arguments to her are that I worked really hard for that room and deserve it. I'll be home enough that I could definitely be allowed to keep it especially considering I'll be home for the summers. She's NEVER in her room and she's a complete slob so the room would just go to waste anyways. AND she's going to college in two years anyways, so then who decides who gets the room them? All in all, I'm keeping my room. My parents agree with me.:) Even though I love my sister she is being completely absurd by thinking I would EVER give her my room:)

No comments: